Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bartering on TV!

I didn't do any barters last week because I was away in Vancouver acting as a judge for the baking competition for Skills Canada. Before I left I was contacted by Heidi Petracek from CTV Morning Atlantic asking if I would be interested in bartering for a TV segment she would like to do on the Bread 'n' Barter project. Without hesitation I said "YES!" Honestly, I can't believe the attention this project is getting in such a short time.

We met at a cafe downtown. Heidi is just as lovely in person as she is on TV.  She's bubbly and charming and makes you feel at ease immediately - we were going to get along just fine.  I had made her a loaf of wholewheat, oatmeal and honey bread and some garlic scape pesto.  In return I got a huge CTV Morning Live mug for my tea and a handy-dandy apron, which is great because I can never have enough aprons.

We talked about how Bread 'n' Barter is connecting people with real food through the use of social media, how much fun I was having doing this and how I hoped that more people would get involved. The thing I am liking about this is how much thought people are putting into the barter.  I always think I'm getting the better end of the deal because I get to meet great people and it is always a surprise to see what the other person has decided to exchange.

 The segment will air on Thursday, June 13 around 8:40 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment