Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bread 'n' Barter - the beginning...

I bake all the time.  It is my passion and my job.  I love sharing my knowledge and passing on the joy that I have in baking to others.  One of my most popular classes I teach is an introduction to bread making and it gave me the idea to start Bread 'n' Barter.  I always have plenty of extra samples that I give to my neighbours but I thought that if I could reach out to others, perhaps those who would love a loaf of home made bread but haven't ever made it before, that I could inspire people to try baking or just appreciate real, less processed food. I would get to meet some interesting people and learn a few things in the process.

So how will it work?  Whenever I bake I will make a little bit extra to share.  I will post what I am doing on my Facebook page and the first one to contact me will get to enjoy the results.  In return, the recipient will give me something in return - no money but something that you think I will enjoy - it could be a favourite book, something that you made, some home made jam or an invitation to a dinner party.  The possibilities are endless!!  I will post here about the exchange we will see how it evolves.

If you would like to join my little social experiment you can "Like" my Facebook page or follow me on  Twitter to receive updates.  I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment