Sunday, May 26, 2013

First Barter!

I wasn't sure how well this whole process would go over but it really seems to resonate with people.  I didn't have any trouble finding someone to barter with.  The lovely Iris Woodman quickly contacted me to tell me she had something to trade.

I first met Iris years ago when I was teaching a cake decorating class and she was one of my students. Iris is kind and sweet and a very talented cake decorator but we had lost touch and become "Facebook" friends.  I was surprised to learn that she didn't live that far from  my house and that she had started a home-based spa.  Her barter with me for a loaf of homemade Nova Scotia cheddar and chive bread was a gift certificate for a half hour relaxation massage!!  If you are in the Dartmouth/Eastern Passage area you should check her out:  Irisuniquespa.wix.com/iris-woodman .  My next barter is already in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment