Monday, May 27, 2013

Meeting new people, sharing great books!

One of my goals in starting Bread'n'Barter was to get out and meet people in my community who share similar interests.  It was my luck that Kate responded to my offer of a strawberry rhubarb pie and we agreed to meet on a chilly Sunday afternoon to make our exchange.

I found Kate standing in line at our local coffee shop.  We sat down to chat and I found we shared many similar interests in food and books and we were both from the Toronto area with children of similar ages.  Kate and I chatted about what I hoped Bread'n'Barter would turn into - about connecting with our food and our neighbours - and then we went on our separate ways.

I think I lucked out on this exchange because Kate gave me three wonderful books to read while she and her family got to enjoy the pie. She later told me the pie didn't last until dessert because they all wanted to try it as soon as she got home.  I'm so happy I got to meet her...now excuse me while I go read a book!

Here is a link to my baking blog on how to make a pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment